How do accountants get themselves ready for change?
Given the recent accounting firm job cuts due to the impact COVID19 is having on our industry, as a fellow Accounting professional myself, I highly recommend for accounting professionals to explore new Fintech technology, why do you ask…..?
As an accounting professional and CEO/Co-Founder of LUCA Plus, I have identified the need to stay ahead of the game and to continue to add value to my customers and their business.
One of the visions we have at LUCA Plus is to empower accounting professionals to really become part of their customers business growth. If there was no language of business, no human connection with our customers, there would be no accounting.
Accounting is the language of businessWarren Buffett
Below are some of the insights and shifts I have had to implement and adapt to my operating rhythm; which may resonate with you:
- That Fintech solutions can help SME’s source funding, e.g. invoice financing, crowdfunding etc
- Connecting with fellow Accounting professionals on a weekly basis to engage and discuss how their customers business’ have been impacted due to COVID19 ( Learn & Share)
- Getting involved in focus groups with our industry partners such as CPA
- Providing advice and education on Fintech solutions to my customers, particularly now that LUCA Plus has been accredited by the ATO as an e-invoicing provider
- Ensuring that I touch base with our partners XERO, MYOB and QB on product releases, offers and how LUCA Plus compliments our partners tech offerings.
To continue adding value to my network, here at LUCA Plus we decided reached out to Mark Stockwell Director e-Invoicing at the ATO to discuss the introduction of e-invoicing and how the ATO plans to help with education and support.
Mark Stockwell will be joining me at or our first webinar series instalment on Thursday 23 July 2020. For more details and to register please click on the button below:
I am always looking to connect with fellow accounting professionals and new connections in general.
Please do reach out if you’re keen to hear more about my experiences above.
Looking forward to having you at our webinar discussion with Mark Stockwell, Director e-invoicing at the ATO.
Ray Wang, CEO/Co-Founder LUCA Plus
As a professional accountant, Ray Wang is Co-Founder/CEO of LUCA Plus. Ray has experience in both commercial and public accounting industries including in Top 500 companies, other businesses and taxation accounting firms.
Ray was part of a focus group on Fintech Digital transformation in Australia run by CPA Australia (a CPA member himself) and Member of the Melbourne Accelerator Velocity Program.